Saturday, December 15, 2007

New Stress to Replace the Old Stress

Just got a notice that my medical bills at Mayo are probably going to go to a collection company. Here's the full story:

I have two insurance companies, the one through work, and the one through Dad. The one through work just pays for stuff in Madison. But because they are the one that's just for me, they have to be listed as my primary insurance company. We didn't find that out until January of this year. So, we got them that information over at Mayo. Then it took forever for the primary insurance to deny the claims – sometime in August, I got notice. So, I'm assuming that then Mayo or the primary insurance will let the secondary insurance know. Except the primary insurance doesn't let Mayo know that they have denied the claim, and when I called in October, Mayo said that they don't do billing for secondary insurance. (Why bother putting it on your fucking forms, then?)

So we've had to do an end-run, making copies of the denial slips and sending them to the secondary insurance company. This is taking some time. Frustrating!

And people wonder why I've been suicidal. Every time I turn around, there's something new and horrific to deal with. This sucks.

No comments: